Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Stuff


First of all I just wanted to say that on my last post I went on about how difficult it is to attach snaps to the front of Bumgenius diapers. Well I realized (after about 4 diapers) that once you get the snap pieces in place you can just clamp the pliers around all the layers of fabric there. Easy peasy.

I do realize that only about five people read this blog and none of them cloth diaper ;) But to continue on this topic anyway... If my last post was enough to turn someone away from ordering their first diapers, I would highly recommend FuzziBunz one size diapers. They are wonderful and have snaps!

Okay, on to new stuff. I've been doing a bit of crocheting. First I made this odd pumpkin with a very lopsided face. I wasn't going to give it to Jesse, but as soon as I finished it he snatched it and hugged it as though it were a long lost child. So now the 'puckin' is his.


Then I made him a snake which I was calling snakey. Jesse helped pick the pattern and kept calling him a pattern snake. Leo loves kissing this snake and making it kiss everyone else. Jesse told me very seriously "Mom, I'm going to name him... *very long thoughtful pause* Snake!" He looked really pleased with himself for coming up with such a great name!


I like this picture :)


Finally, I made this little spider who I think will be allowed to go to a new home. We'll see.

****

4 comments:

adrienne said...

Love the projects- especially the lopsided poonkin (as Ranger would call it).

Veronica said...

As 1 of the 5 or so who read your blog, if I ever have another baby, I think I would cloth diaper, so I enjoy hearing about your experiences.

Great job on the crocheting. They are all soo cute!

Aimee said...

I'm with Veronica. If we had another I would definitely consider cloth diapers now after hearing you rave about them. You may just convert someone yet!

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

love all of those! did you make the pattern up as you went along? those are great!!

when you opening an etsy store???