Monday, September 14, 2009

More Carpet Gone :)


Well, I'm posting these out of order. Before we tackled the boys' room, we did ours. I don't have a before picture. Just imagine the same ugly carpet and red walls. And a giant mess! Again, I love wood floors!! We moved their book case into our room. I thought it would have better chances of getting straightened up regularly.


The bed on the floor is really nice for having the kids in our room. This makes a nice area for reading, already the kids have been more interested! I like that I don't have to be so worried about Leo's safety in here. The headboard and foot board were too large for this space and made it hard to arrange nicely with the windows. They also had sharp edges for little heads. Before we put the house up for sale, we will probably raise the bed up on a frame.


Apparently Jesse has the tongue rolling gene :)


And we also have new blinds for the windows that will get put up someday!


We have quite a large art collection in our basement, so it's fun when we re-decorate to select new art for the walls. I love that these pictures work in this room because they are watercolor paintings by my grandpa, Jene Burns. He passed away a couple years ago, and it makes me happy to look at these pictures :)



****

1 comment:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

looove the beautiful paintings and how they are displayed! you are making great progress. please let me know if you want help. i love to paint...